Saturday 30th 11:45-14:00
Please note: maximum capacity on each tour is 30 people.
Triskel Christchurch is a deconsecrated Anglican Church of Ireland built in the neo-classical style.
Its origins stretch back to the Hiberno-Norse settlement of Cork and it was once the main parish church for the medieval city of Cork. The current building is the third church to occupy this site. It was constructed in 1726 under local architect John Coltsman, with further renovations in 1827 by the famed architect George Richard Pain. Christchurch was deconsecrated in 1978 and purchased by Cork City Council. In 2011 the building underwent a significant renovation with architects Murray O’Laoire. The €4.8m project involved restoration work on the building’s stained-glass windows, bell tower, roof, pews, organ, flooring and ceiling. Triskel Christchurch now serves as a venue for art exhibitions, literature events, live music, cinema and civil wedding ceremonies.
Designed by: John Coltsman, George Richard Pain, Murray O’Laoire
Date: 1726, 1827, 2011
Location: Tobin Street
Learn more about this building on the NIAH website:
Cork Archive Institute